This is our accelerated criminal justice major and it is required that applicants have educational or work experience in the criminal justice system before admission into the program will be granted.
Therefore, applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- The applicant holds a 2-year associate degree from an accredited university. This associate degree must meet all or some of the general elective requirements necessary to complete the Bachelor of Arts or Science at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. Ideally, an applicant will have completed an associate degree from a 2-year University of Wisconsin campus.
- The applicant has 2-years of full time work experience in a criminal justice or related field (for instance, the applicant has two years’ experience as either a police officer, probation officer, correctional officer, social worker or other related field)
Additionally, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- The applicant has completed all of the necessary requirements to be admitted to the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
- The applicant submits a letter of interest to the criminal justice department that indicates that he or she wishes to be admitted to the online criminal justice major. The letter should provide a rationale as to why she or he wishes to pursue the online major.
- The applicant submits at least two letters of recommendation. If the applicant is applying with an associate degree, these letters should be written by faculty members from their degree program and the letters should address the applicant’s ability to pursue a rigorous criminal justice major over a short period of time. If the applicant is applying based on 2-years of work experience in a criminal justice related field, at least one of the required letters should be written by her or his supervisor. The second letter may be written by a colleague who works in the same department. Both letters should address the applicant’s ability to pursue a rigorous criminal justice major over a short period of time.